PAID OPPORTUNITY – Make biodiversity your business!
We are looking for a part time woodland maintenance worker to help out from the end of September 2021 to January 2022.
We are a not for profit, family owned, Community Interest Company woodland, working with a variety of local small businesses. Our aim is to restore the native woodland ecosystem by encouraging sustainable rural industry. Current collaborations include a small saw mill, children’s groups, and a mix of creatives/makers. Check out our Business and Biodiversity pages for more information.
£10 an hour plus benefits – 4 hours a week/one day a fortnight
- Path clearing and scrub clearance
- Weeding, watering and checking the tree nursery
- Small tree felling
- Maintaining woodland infrastructure (e.g tarps and tents, fixing fences, safety checks)
- Dynamic risk assessments
- Preparing craft materials for courses and children’s groups
- Assistance on ecological monitoring
- Assisting with ongoing forestry work
We are looking for someone who is honest, reliable and self motivated. Our project is small but committed to making a difference. Pay could be supplemented with use of woodland resources (as required/to be discussed). If you believe you could help us restore this thriving working woodland and the local community’s connection with it, we want to hear from you.
- Forestry experience including CS30/31 chainsaw license
- Basic understanding of ecology
- Proactive attitude
- Experience of lone working
- Happy working with people of all genders and backgrounds
- Local to Petersfield area
- Good communicator
- Interest in conservation
- Outdoor First Aid qualified
This position might suit a retired forester or a newly self-employed land worker looking for a base. We are chaotic and the work is variable but we have lots of materials, space and enthusiasm to make up for it!
If interested, please email email@example.com with a CV and cover letter by the 31st August. We will contact references so please include up to date details. Any questions please email us or contact Fritha on 07961144564